Best Bakery in Pike’s Place Seattle: The Hunt

Pike's Place Bakery

Hi there!

I just got home from a long weekend spent wandering Seattle and I’ve noticed a trend in my camera gallery from the trip. I have maybe 5% at the most pictures of scenery and my fiance, and the other 95% is food! My main focus is very clear, haha.

One of our main haunts over the weekend was Pike’s Market and I was on a mission to find the best Seattle bakery.

This post contains sponsored and affiliate links; if you snag a deal through my link it may send spare change my way to keep this slice of the internet up and running.


Hunting for the Best Bakery in Seattle Pike’s Market

Our first stop was the aptly named Pike’s Place Bakery, it’s a small shop encircled by tempting glass cases full flaky pastries and it’s right by the entrance of the market so it caught my eye right away!

Unfortunately, I didn’t snap a picture before we scarfed them down, but we snagged two chocolate chip cream cheese cannolis for our breakfast on the first day. $5.00 a pop seemed a little steep but they were huge and tasty. They were almost on the too sweet side, so I probably won’t come back for another, but I would definitely try something else from the bakery the next time.

Piroshky Piroshky Bakery

Piroshky Piroshky, Seattle WA

Our next stop was Piroshky Piroshky. It’s right across the street from the main market. We made a quick circuit of Pike’s Market to scope out our choices for our breakfast and when we walked past the door the delicious scent of bread wafting from the open bakery literally stopped me dead in my tracks. There was a very intimidating line of people waiting out front when we first passed so we came back the next morning to score some yummy pastries.

They specialize in traditional Russian pastries. We got three savory pieces of bread, but they also cater to people with a sweet tooth with sticky buns, fruity bread, and sweeter nutty pastries.

Piroshky Piroshky Pastries
Seattle Bakery Case

My favorite was definitely the smoked salmon pate, it was stuffed with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and dill, all wrapped in a flaky fish-shaped pastry! My fiance snagged a beef and onion pie, and we both got garlic cheese rolls to nibble on while making the long trek home. Everything was delicious, I desperately wish they had a location closer to home! Or I maybe I just need to hone my personal baking skills… I’ve experimented with a bread machine but I’ve only gone as far as dinner rolls and sandwich bread. I’d love to branch out into something more advanced, I’ve been browsing new baking tools on Village Bakery to expand my arsenal, someday I’ll get there and actually bake instead of painting goodies on my nails!

Smoked Salmon Pastry

Serious Pie Seattle, Wa

The last joint we visited was Serious Pie, a tiny wood-fired pizzeria just down the road from our hotel. We lucked out by ordering during their half-price happy hour so our bill wasn’t too scary. I did think their menu was a little too pricey when I checked out their full prices; $19.00 is just too steep for a personal pizza!

I chose the prosciutto cotto, blueberry, and taleggio pie. It was definitely yummy, and I would never have thought to top a pizza with blueberries!

Serious Pie Seattle

Do you have a favorite bakery in Seattle?

Please follow and like us:


  1. OMG Pike’s Market is so much fun! The bakery has the best sweets and treats and you always manage to meet so many interesting people there! I lived in Everett for a few years and absolutely loved visiting Seattle and all the amazing places it has to offer!

  2. I love a great carb and a bakery like this looks like it could satisfy every one of my bread or pastry cavings! Great find for sure!

  3. Um, can you take me with you next time please?!? Can only imagine the beautiful smells involved!

  4. These pastries look soooo good! I’ll definitely have to check this place t while I’m in Seattle in a few months.

    xx Tatyanna

  5. I haven’t been to Seattle but know a few people heading towards there this summer. I am going to share this post

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)